How it works
If you are interested in donating something to RCPI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to discuss any potential donations in confidence. Please include as much information about the items as you can;
- a description and, if possible, a photograph of the item(s)
- details of where it came from, and any personal stories connected with the item(s)
- approximate size
All potential donations will be assessed against our collections development policy, and if we are able to accept the donation, we will be in contact to arrange transfer. Once transferred, the item(s) will form a part of the permanent collection of our accredited museum.
What sort of material do we collect?
We collect material in any format relating to the history of medicine and medical education in Ireland, some examples would be;
- archive material relating to the medical profession and medical education in Ireland
- archives of hospitals, medical professional or public health organisations
- papers of Irish medics or medical historians
- medical instruments and devices and materia medica specimens, especially those relating to the practice of medicine in Ireland or with a strong Irish connection
- objects belonging to Irish doctors, medical institutions or organisations
- portraits (in any medium) of Irish medical professions, or artworks showing medical professionals at work
- printed material relating to medicine, medical education and the history of medicine in Ireland not already held in Dun’s Library
Read our full Collection Development Policy